Here are the key points from budget session:
* Rs 2757 crore given for minority welfare
* 1.5 crore new electricity connections will be given this year, the FM said.
* Rs 575 crore allocated for ‘divyang’ pension scheme
* Rs 100 crore for cremation grounds
* Rs 30 crore for e-office under IT
* Rs 1650 crore allocated for smart city
* Rs 10 crore allocated for solar energy provision in prisons
* Rs 100 crore earmarked for fertilizers to farmers
* Rs 94.2 crore to construct Ghaziabad bhawan
* Rs 3780 crore for providing nutrition to children under women and child development
* Rs 250 crore given for regional rapid transport
* Kumbh Mela gets Rs 1500 crore in the state budget
* Rs 2873 crore earmarked for PM Gram Sadak Yojna
* In education sector, Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan gets Rs 480 crore. Rs 76 crore earmarked for free book distribution. Rs 18,167 crore for Sarva Shiksha. Rs 2048 crore allocated for mid day meal. Rs 167 crore to distribute fruits to school children
* Rs 404 crore allocated for madrassa modernisation
* Ahilyabai Free Education Scheme gets Rs 21 crore.
* Kailash Mansarovar bhawan will be constructed
* Rs 250 crore for mass marriage ceremonies
* Rs 7658 crore allocated for social welfare schemes. Rs 1705 crore for welfare of the backward community
* Rs 40 crore earmarked for giving uniform to school children. Free books will be given to children studying in class 1 to 8.
* Rs 70 crore allocated for Ramayan, Budh and Sufi tourist circuit
* Border area development gets Rs 57 crore
* Rs 351 crore allocated for Sabla Yojna for women
* Kukrail eco tourism and agro forestry will get a boost in the state budget
* Rs 15 crore allocated for dairy development
* Rs 650 crore given for expansion of state highways. Rs 11,000 crore for roads earmarked
* Rs 350 crore allocated for railway foot-over-bridges
* Saryu Nahar Pariyojna gets Rs 1614 crore
* Rs 291 crore for Matra Vandan Yojna
* Rs 100 crore given for CM Youth Self Employment scheme
* Rs 200 crore allocated for Mukhyamantri Awas Yojna
* Rs 10 crore for Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Udyog scheme
* 5000 ponds to be created in Bundelkhand
* Rs 500 crore allocated for constructing Lucknow-Agra expressway
* Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay mini dairy scheme gets Rs 75 crore from the state budget
* 13 lakh 3 thousand families to get water connection under Atal mission
* Rs 1000 crores proposed for Poorvanchal Expressway
* More than Rs 7000 crore sought from the Centre for the river Ganga
* Ease of doing business implemented by 20 departments, the FM said, adding e-tendering and e-filing started in the secretariat
* New schemes worth more than Rs 14,300 crores to be initiated in the state budget
* CM fruit horticulture scheme has been launched, the FM said. 20 new agriculture centres to be opened. 5500 centres to be opened to buy wheat from farmers
* ATS strengthened to tackle terrorism
* Rs 98.50 crore allocated for setting up shelter for stray animals.
* Govt to make changes in the Mandi rules to make it easy for farmers to sell their produce. Organic farming to get a push
* Social forestry scheme has been launched to boost MNREGA. Rs 250 crore allocated for one district one product scheme
* The budget will focus on electrification, women empowerment, roads
* UP on the path of being the highest revenue earning state in the GST regime
* Finance minister Rajesh Agarwal presents the UP budget 2018
* In order to promote ‘one district one product’ scheme, the government may also announce some new schemes under the skill development programme to train the youth with new skills and to make them self-employed.
* Another focus in the budget is likely to be cows and their conservation. Therefore, one can expect new schemes for dairy development, establishment of cow sheds, and special assistance for cow rearing. Similarly, the budget may also focus on pilgrimages and religious places with additional funds, beautification, developmental projects and aviation service
* After farmers and youth, the budget is also likely to focus on infrastructure — mainly Poorvanchal and Bundelkhand expressways, apart from Metros in Kanpur, Meerut and Agra.
* Committed to doubling farmers’ income, the government may announce new irrigation scheme with a large fund, measures for improving soil health and new marketing platforms for purchasing the farm produce and some subsidies.
*Yogi Adityanath’s 2nd budget likely to set roadmap for 2019 polls
* This time when the 2019 LS elections are close and UP, with maximum 80 seats, is set to play a key role for any party to rule at the Centre, the BJP government is likely to open its purse-strings for farmers, artisans, youth, infrastructure and urban development.
* Finance minister Rajesh Agarwal is likely to unveil an amalgamation of development and welfare in the form of new schemes for farmers, youth and skilled hands, who are said to be distressed in the post-demonetisation and GST
* The size of Yogi government’s first budget last year was Rs 3.84 lakh crore. This time, it is likely to touch Rs 4.50 lakh crore-mark — the largest by any government in the state.